FUSION® Life Cycle Policy
FUSION® Life Cycle Policy Statement
As with most products, the FUSION products have a specific life cycle. This is an established reality in today’s market. From time to time, legacy products are discontinued and often times replaced with newer more current solutions. Factors such as market demand, technology advancements, availability of components and general aging of systems are drivers to establish End-Of-Life (EOL) milestones for our products. We acknowledge that the EOL policy has an impact on our customer’s business and with that in mind we have developed the following End-Of-Sale (EOS) and End-Of-Life (EOL) policy.
1. We will provide support for our FUSION products for a period of 2 years after an EOS notice is published and an upgrade path for that product is available. We will provide 3 years support if no upgrade path for that product is available.
2. License and support fees for the product which an EOS notice has been published must remain current and there must have been no interruption of coverage in order for this policy to remain in effect.
3. Software updates will be provided for a period of 1 year after an EOS notice has been published and an upgrade path for the product is available. Updates will include bug fixes and standard core features only. If no upgrade path is available, only bug fixes are provided for a period of 2 years after the EOS notice has been published.
4. All key software features will continue to operate indefinitely after an EOS notice of the FUSION product, regardless of whether an upgrade path is available or not.
5. Hardware support, repair and replacement will be available for a period of 2 years after an EOS notice of the FUSION product, regardless of whether an upgrade path is available or not.
6. On or prior to the announced EOL date one of the two available options should be selected.
a. Upgrade to the next generation platform model or alternatively;
b. Purchase continued annual license to maintain use with limited best effort support excluding software upgrades and hardware replacement.
It is recommended to upgrade within 1 year from EOL date.
7. As a general rule, Hotel Internet Services will provide a 60 day notice period for EOS and EOL notices to customers. We will exert our best effort to provide a 90 day notice period to our primary channel partners (distributors and direct resellers and partners) for both EOS and EOL notices.
Hotel Internet Services can review and change this policy from time to time and makes no representation with this policy statement. Any changes to this policy will be posted on our web site. This policy statement is for informational purposes only and may not be incorporated into any contract.